Gutters clogged with everything from leaves to twigs can cause expensive and dangerous home repair nightmares. Rainwater washing over your gutters can run behind the Gutter rotting out your facia boards and rafter tails. And could make erosion around your foundation.
- Clogged or leaky gutters are one of the biggest causes of basement leaks, mold and other foundation problems.
- Old worn-out gutters are unappealing and reduce the value of your property.
- Your old gutters may have become bent or dented or may be pulling away from your home in a manner that they cannot be reattached or reworked.
- Your old seamed gutters may have begun to pull apart or have leaks and you would like to replace them.
- You want to change the color of your gutters.
- The drainage of your current guttering is not sufficient, so you want to install a larger size gutter and downspout system. Most homes and commercial properties have 5-inch gutters with 2x3 downspouts, but we can install 6 inch gutters with 3x4 downspouts when necessary.
If during a rainfall, you can hear the water slapping the ground, pouring over the sides of the gutter, there may be a blockage or the gutter itself may not be aligned evenly. If you notice paint peeling or corroded wood, the gutter is most likely clogged and is causing the water to overflow and run down the back of gutter along the exterior walls of the house. If you notice mold or if you see puddles of water forming around the outside of your house, it's a sure sign that there are drainage problems.
All gutters are either sectional or seamless. They come in various materials, sizes and colors.
Yes. Most gutters come in several shapes and sizes called profiles. These include U-shape as well as K-shape configurations. In K-shape configurations the ogee-shaped front looks like the letter K allowing the system to have more of a crown molding look rather than a boxy appearance. We carry both 5" and 6" K-shaped style gutter system.
Certainly, if you are a regular do-it-yourselfer and are comfortable on a ladder, you can install sectional gutters, but you'll need a qualified professional to install seamless gutters.
You can get a free obligation estimate by calling O'neill's Overhead Doors and continuous Gutters at (541) 269-5143 or stop by our office at 625 H Street, Coos Bay OR, 97420.
We specialize in gutters only. We are locally-owned and operated here in Coos Bay, OR, and we are experts at what we do. While we strongly recommend gutter protection (especially Leaf Defier), we are not just trying to sell a particular gutter product. We will come to your home, listen to your concerns, evaluate the current condition of your gutters and recommend the best product for your situation. We are honest, trustworthy and will give you the facts and let you make your own decision.
Of course, you can clean you own gutters, but most people don't want to. Getting on a ladder or climbing on your roof can be very dangerous and even deadly. In a heavily wooded area like Oregon, gutters need to be cleaned at least three times a year. You want to make sure you hire someone who is licensed, bonded, and insured.
We at O'neill's have 32 different colors available in two different sizes. 5K and 6K where we run your gutters right on site using one of our machines that are mounted in a box van. 5" gutter uses 11-7/8" coil and the 6" uses 15" coils.